A great idea

• Work-from-home

*Sonu*

•°o.O Born to Fly O.o°•
VIP
Mar 5, 2010
Millie and Billy were playing with a ball in the garden when Millie suddenly stopped and said, “I’ve just had an idea.”

“What is it?” Billy asked.

“Why don’t we ask mummy if she could put the tent up for us,” Millie said. “We could stay in it until tea time.”

“But what about our lunch?” Billy asked.

“We could have a picnic in the tent,” Millie replied.

“What about our afternoon nap?” Billy asked next.

“We could use the sleeping bags,” Millie said. “So, what do you think?”

“I think it’s a great idea,” Billy said.

But, when they asked her, mummy was not so sure it was a great idea. “I think it’s going to rain,” she said, looking up at the grey clouds. But it wasn’t raining yet.

“Oh please, mummy,” Millie and Billy pleaded and, a little reluctantly, she agreed.

Millie and Billy helped mummy to put up the tent and put the sleeping bags inside.

They also helped her to make their picnic lunch. They prepared two lunchboxes, each containing a cheese sandwich, a piece of cake, a drink and an apple.

Once Millie and Billy were out in the tent it started raining. But it didn’t matter. They ate their lunch listening to the pitter patter of the rain on the outside of the tent. It was lovely.

After lunch Millie and Billy both felt a bit sleepy. They took off their shoes, clambered into their sleeping bags and had a doze.

It was still raining and mummy came out under the cover of an umbrella to see how Millie and Billy were getting on. She peeked into the tent to find them both snuggled up in their sleeping bags, snoozing happily. Millie and Billy had been right, mummy had to agree. It had been a great idea to put the tent up.