1) Leg of lamb 1 kg/ 2 1/4 lb 2) Poppy seeds 15 ml/ 1 level tbsp (khas khas) 3) Coconut 30 ml / 2 level tbsp (grated fresh or desiccated) 4) Onions 2 medium skinned and coarsely chopped 5) Ginger fresh 5 cm / 2 inch piece (peeled and coarsely chopped) 6) Almonds (blanched) 25 g/ 1 oz (chopped) 7) Cinnamon 5 cm / 2 inch stick 8) Green Cardamoms 6 9) Black Cardamoms 3 (ground) 10) Cloves 4 11) Mace small piece (javetri) 12) Nutmeg (ground) 2.5 m / 1/2 level tsp (jaiphal) 13) Chili pd 7.5 ml/ 1 1/2 level tsp 14) Natural yogurt (dahi) 150ml/ 1/4 pint 15) Ghee (melted) 150ml/ 1 inch stick 16) Cinnamon 2.5 cm/ 1 inch stick 17) Bay leaves 4 (crushed) 18) Aniseed (saunf) 30ml/ 2 level tbsp METHOD :
1. Remove all traces of fat and the white membrane from the meat. 2. Prick the meat thoroughly with a sharp knife for large fork so that the fibers are completely broken up. 3. It should virtually be falling off the bone. 4. Place in a deep baking dish or a roasting tin. 5. Soak the poppy seeds and the grated coconut in a little warm water. 6. Place the drained poppy seeds and coconut and the next 12 ingredients in a food processor of blender and blend to a smooth paste. Pour the paste over the meat and coat well all over. 7. Again, prick the meat very well all over to help the ground mixture to penetrate. 8. In another bowl, mix together the yogurt and remaining ingredients. 9. Spread this paste over the leg of lamb. 10. Put the lamb in the baking dish or roasting tin in a 170oC (325oF) mark 3 oven and, basting frequently, roast for about 2 1/4 hours. Make sure that you turn the leg over once, halfway during cooking time. 11. Remove from the oven, transfer to a heated dish. 12. Carve and serve hot.
Beef- 2 and 1/2 kg in 1 piece
White Vinegar-1/2 cup
Salt- As required
Wash the meat piece well, marinate it with all ingredients and mark the cut with the help of fork.
Leave it for 1 hour.
Take a cooking bowl put beef and a cup of water.
Now leave it over slow flame.
When water get evaporates, check the meat got soften with knife. If not then add little amount of water again.
When meat gets soft then add soya sauce.
Chapli kabab is one the most favorite dish of the people of Peshawar, because of its taste. Peoples of Peshawar serve their guest with chapli Kabab; it is very delicious in taste and ready to cook.
Minced Meat 1 Kilo
Mutton Fat 1 Cup
Crushed Pomegranate 1 Cup
Solid Pomegranate Half a Cup
Salt to taste
Garlic 1 whole
Coriander 1 Tablespoon
Green Coriander to taste
Green Chilies to taste
Onions 1 Kilo
Banaspati 1 Cup
Mirch 1 Teaspoon
Fine chop the onions and drain them well. Add tomatoes, green onions, eggs, corn flour and mix well. Now take approximately Three tablespoons of the minced mixture in your hand. Place it in the centre of the palm. Roll it to form a smooth ball. Flatten the ball by pressing firmly between your palms. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry well. Serve the spicy chapli kababs with lemon, onion rings and salad…
The dish is now ready to serve.
1) A slab of lean meat 450 gm
2) Butter for basting
3) Black pepperCorns 16
4) Cardamoms 5
5) Cloves 5
6) Coconut, desiccated 30 gm
7) Cumin (jeera) seeds 1 tsp
8) Garlic Cloves, chopped 10
9) Ginger, chopped 15 gm
10) Kachri (tenderizer) 1 tsp
11) Nutmeg (jaiphal) powder 1.25 gm
12) Onions, chopped 60 gm
13) Poppy seeds (khus khus) 1 tsp
14) Raw Papaya paste 7.5 gm
15) Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
16) Salt to taste
17) Yogurt 2/3 cup
1. Cut meat into slices 3 1/2 inches long.
2. 1 1/4 inches wide and three-fourths of an inch thick.
3. Cut the slice into half without cutting through.
4. Leaving a join at the end.
5. Open the cut halves to make a single strip, approximately 6 inches long.
6. Beat the joints with the back of a knife to flatten them a bit.
7. In a mixer blend together cloves, cardamoms, papaya or kachri, garlic, onion, ginger, cumin, coconut, nutmeg, peppercorns, poppy seeds and yogurt.
8. Add red chilli powder and salt.
9. Coat the strips with this mixture and leave to marinade for 3 hours.
10. Weave the skewer in and out of the meat strips at 4 points, at regular intervals.
11. The meat will resemble a wavy line, with the skewer running through its centre.
12. Roast over an open charcoal fire or barbeque for 10 minutes.
13. When one side is cooked, baste with butter and roast again for 3-5 minutes.
14. Serve with salad, sliced onions, green chillies and finely cut mint leaves
Chickpeas bOiled 250 gm
Onion chopped 1
BOiled peas ½ cup
Green chilies 3 – 4
Oil ¼ cup
Garlic chopped 3 – 4 Cloves
Ginger 1 piece
All spIce 1 tsp
Crushed red pepper 1 tsp
Lemon juIce 1 tbsp
Turmeric ½ tsp
Gram flour 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1.Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add 3 – 4 chopped green chilies, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 chopped onion, 1 piece of chopped ginger, 3 – 4 cloves of chopped garlic, salt to taste, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp all spice, 1 tsp crushed red pepper and ½ tsp turmeric. Fry well. Now turn the flame off.
2.In chopper put together 250 gm boiled chickpeas and ½ cup boiled peas. Copperier well. Now add fried masala and mix well. Also add 2 tbsp gram flour and half beaten egg. Mix well.
3.Remove mixture in a bowl. Make small balls. Flatten each ball using your palms. Shallow fry with ¼ cup oil till golden brown. Remove and serve hot.
1 kg boneless Beef strips or Chicken (breast strips)
Some cooking Oil to glaze the pan
1 cup raw Papaya paste (green Papaya paste)(with skin)
1 ½ cup fried Onions
1 tbspns Ginger Garlic paste
1 cup plain yogurt
¼ cup Vinegar
2 tbspns Coriander powder
2 tbspns red Chilli powder
1 tspn paprika
Salt to taste
1 tspn red chilli flakes
2 bay leaves (powder form preferred)
1 tspn black cumin
1 tspn cumin powder
1 Cardamom black (crushed)
1 green Cardamom (crushed)
½ tspn Garam masala
2 Green chillies slIced
Some Coriander chopp,
In a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients except oil, green chillies and coriander and keep it aside (refrigerator) for 20 hours. (mix good with your hands)
If you don’t have a BBQ grill at home, line a pan with aluminum foil and grease the foil with some olive oil.
Put the marinated mixture in it and bake in preheated oven (160 degrees Celsius) for approximately 90 minutes.
If you have BBQ grill at home, thread the meat on the skewers and cook on very low heat until they are done.
Take your dish out on a plate and serve hot with garlic nan or tandoori roti.
INGREDIENTS : •1 pound of Lamb Fillet or Lamb Leg (de-boned & cut into 1" cubes) •12 small Onions (optional) •1 tsp. of Salt •½ tsp. of Black Peppers (Kaali Mirch) METHOD : 1.Cut meat into one-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper and let it marinate for 1 hour. 2.Spear on to skewers, allowing six pieces of meat per person. Alternate lean and fatty meat with onions. Broil under a very hot flame or over charcoal until the outside is well browned and sizzling. 3.If broiled in the oven, sprinkle a little olive oil over meat before broiling so that it will not dry out.
½ kg Beef (cut into small cubes) ½ tsp Salt as per your taste 1 cup Chana Dal 7-8 whole Dried Red Chilies 1 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves 1 medium Onion (chopped) 2-3 Green Chilies (chopped) 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste 6-8 whole Black Pepper 4-5 Hard-BOiled Eggs 1 Black Cardamom 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds 1 stick of Cinnamon 5-6 Cloves 1 Egg (raw) METHOD :
1.Take a pot and put black pepper, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds, salt, ginger-garlic paste and beef in it. 2.Add enough water to cover the contents and put the pot over medium flame. Let the beef cook till extremely soft and water dries. 3.Boil the presoaked dal separately till very soft and add to the meat. 4.Let all the pot contents cool and then grind them. 5.Add egg, green chilies and fresh coriander leaves to the above-made ground mixture and mix well. 6.Coat the hard-boiled eggs well with this mixture to form solid balls and deep fry in oil until crisp. 7.Nargisi Kabab is ready. Serve hot.
Seekh Kabab and Cheese Sandwich Recipe
1 ready prepared Beef Seekh Kabab or Chicken Seekh Kabab
1 Hot Dog Bun
1 Tomato (roughly chopped)
1 clove of Garlic (Lehsan)
50 grams Grated Cheese (any kind of your choIce)
A pinch of Paprika
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (Pisi Kaali Mirch) (freshly ground - to taste)
½ tsp. Vinegar (Sirka)
1. Heat butter in a frying pan. Add the ready prepared beef seekh kabab or ready prepared chicken seekh kabab and fry until golden brown.
2. In the frying pan add some more butter and fry the onions until translucent. Add the salt, vinegar and paprika and fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Slit the hot dog bun in half, apply the butter and grill to golden brown. Place chopped tomato in bun. Put kabab, onions, and grated cheese over the sandwich. Grill until the cheese melts.
4. Serving Suggestions: Serve with Chips and Salad
Beef Qeema = 1 kg Onion = 2 Nos Ginger= 2 tbs Green Chilli = 4 to 5 Egg = 2 Baisan Bhuna howa= 4 to 5 tb spoon Dahi = 2 tb spoon full Red Chilli Powder = 2 Tea spoon Pisa Gram masala = 1 tbs Pisa Sookha Podina = 1 tbs Salt = 1 to 1.5 Tea spoon METHOD :
1). Qeema machine main 2 se 3 bar nikal lain sath hi piyaz, hari mirch aur adrak bhi pees lain. 2). Dahi, Lal mirch, Garam masala, sookha podina, Baisan aur anday daal kar achi tarha mix kar lein, aur 1 se 2 ghanto kay liye rakh dain.
3). ab hath ko geela kartay jayen aur seekh pe charhatay jayen. aur koyelo per senk lein. jub zara paknay lagein tu tu brush ya phurayri ki madad se chika laga dain. surkh hone per seekh se nikal lain. mazedar seekh kabab tayyar hain.