Blessings of Sayyidatuna Khadija-tul-Kubra

• Work-from-home

arzi_zeest

Jul 2, 2018

Blessings of Sayyidatuna Khadija-tul-Kubra
A Qurayshi woman of good character

She is the mother of the believers, Consoler of the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم , the mother of Sayyidatuna Fatima-tuz-Zahra and other sons and daughters and the maternal grandmother of Sayyiduna Imam Hasan and Imam Husayn رَضِىَ الـلّٰـهُ تَـعَـالٰی عَـنْـهُمَا , she is none other than Sayyidatuna Khadija-tul-Kubra رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا.
(Faizan-e-Khadija-tul-Kubra, pp. 5, 6, 8)
Birth, name and lineage, filial appellations and titles
Her name is Khadijah, father’s name is Khuwaylid and mother’s name is Fatimah. Regarding her lineage, she رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا had the honour that her lineage connects with the blessed lineage of the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم with fewer relations than other blessed wives. Her filial appellation is Umm-ul-Qaasim and Umm-e-Hind . She رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا has many titles. The most famous title is ‘Al-Kubra’ . This was so frequently used that it seemed as if it was part of her name. Another famous title is ‘Taahirah’. She رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا used to be called ‘Taahirah’ even in the pre-Islamic era of ignorance. Furthermore, she رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا was also called ‘Sayyidatu Quraysh’.
(As-Seerat-ul-Halbiyyah, vol. 1, pp. 199)
Similarly, ‘Siddiqah’ is also her title. It has been narrated that the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم said: ‘هٰذِهِ صِدِّيۡقَةُ اُمَّتِيۡ’, i.e. ‘She is the Siddiqah of my Ummah.’
(Tareekh Damishq, vol. 70, pp. 118)
One of her brilliant attributes is that she was the first woman to accept Islam . She رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا had the privilege of becoming the first wife of the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم.Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ sent Salaam to her through Sayyiduna Jibraeel عَـلَـيْهِ الـصَّلٰوةُ وَالـسَّلَام. She رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا had the privilege of spending almost 25 years in the blessed company of the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم. Sheرَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا set a unique example of companionship and love by being besieged in Shi’b-e-Abi Taalib with the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم. She رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا presented all her wealth to the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم. The Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم himself was in her grave and lowered her into the grave with his blessed hands. In history, she is remembered by the title of Taahirah and Siddiqah. Sheرَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا is the most beloved wife of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم. The Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم did not marry anyone else in her lifetime and she was given the good news of being blessed with a palace free of noise in Paradise.
(Faizan-e-Ummahat-ul-Mu
mineen, pp. 28)
Salam of Allah
How eminent and exalted is the status, rank and honour of the Mother of the believers, Sayyidatuna Khadija-tul-Kubra رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا can be judged from this narration. Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrahرَضِىَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَـنْهُ has narrated that (once) Sayyiduna Jibraeel-e-Ameen عَـلَـيْهِ الـصَّلٰوةُ وَالـسَّلَامcame to the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم and humbly requested: Ya Rasoolallah(صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم) ! Khadijah is approaching. She رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا has a pot of food. When she approaches you, then convey to her the Salam of your Rab and mine and give her the good news of a home made of a case-like (hollow) pearl in Paradise that has neither any noise nor any other inconvenience.
(Sahih Bukhari, vol. 2, pp. 565, Hadees 3820)
[B]Reply to Salam[/B]
In reply to the Salam, Sayyidatuna Khadijah رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا stated:
اِنَّ اللہَ ھُوَ السَّلَامُ وَعَلٰی جِبْرِیْلَ السَّلَامُ وَعَلَیْکَ السَّلَامُ وَرَحْمَۃُ اللہِ وَبَرَکَاتُہُ
i.e. Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ is Salam and peace be upon (Sayyiduna) Jibra
eel عَـلَـيْهِ الـصَّلٰوةُ وَالـسَّلَام and the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم, mercy and blessings be upon them.
(Sunan-ul-Kubra, vol. 5, pp. 94, Hadees 8359)
Glorious wisdom of Sayyidatuna Khadijah
From this narration the information of Islamic rulings and educational skills of Sayyidatuna Khadijah رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَاhave been learnt, because she did not reply to the Salam of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ like this: عَلَيۡهِ السَّلَام i.e. peace be upon Him. Due to her unique understanding and wisdom she رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا understood that the reply to the Salam of Allahعَزَّوَجَلَّ cannot be given as it is given to His creation. ‘Salam’ is one of the names of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ.Furthermore, by these words the one we are talking to is given the Du’a for Salamtee (peace). Therefore, in reply to the Salam of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ sheرَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا praised Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ. She then humbly replied to the Salam of Sayyiduna Jibra`eel عَـلَـيْهِ الـصَّلٰوةُ وَالـسَّلَام and then the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم. From this it is clearly understood that the one who conveys Salam should also be given the reply to the Salam along with the one who sends Salam.
(Fath-ul-Baari, vol. 8, pp. 117, Hadees 3820)
Generosity of Sayyidatuna Khadijah!
Another great attribute of Sayyidatuna Khadijah رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا is that she was generous and used to spend open-heartedly. Once the Beloved Prophetصَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّمsaid to mother of the believers, Sayyidatuna ‘Aaishah Siddiqah رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا: By Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ ! I have not found a better wife than Khadijah. When everyone did rejected me, she believed in me and when everyone denied me, she bore witness to me and when no one was ready to give me anything, Khadijah gave to me all her things, and Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ has granted me children from her.
(Al-Isti’aab, vol. 4, pp. 384)
Sayyidatuna Khadija-tul-Kubra رَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَاwas a great and perfect lady from every perspective, from her lineage; nobility; excellent manners; character; wealth and brilliant work for the people, she was a unique personality of her age. Sheرَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَنْهَا had the privilege of becoming the wife of the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم.
(heart)

Last edited: