1. For this iftar recipe, first clean the rice & soak it for 30 minutes.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter in a pan & then put the onion. After onion already smell out, put the chicken cubes & fry it till it turns completely white ( half done ) approx 12mnts. Remove from heat & keep aside.
3. Place 4 cups chicken broth and rice in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup chicken broth, salt, pandan leaf, chicken cubes, pinch of saffron and also raisin. stir well.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes otherwise your iftar recipe will not prove out to be perfect.
6. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat until it turns golden and the foam starts to clear. This is the time when your iftar recipe is almost ready.
7. After the rice has simmered for the 10 minutes, remove it from the heat. Pour the burnt butter over it, being careful not to spatter. Do not stir into the rice. Replace the lid, and let stand for 15 minutes.