Hazrat Abuzar Ghaffari R.a

• Work-from-home

Ahsanabbas

Aug 11, 2017
Mitaaya Qaysar-o-Kisra Ke Istibdaad Ko Jis Ne,
Wo Kiya Tha? Zor-e-Hyder, Faqr-e-Bu Zar, Sidq-e-Salmani

Hazrath Abu Dhar Ghaffari, well known as Abu Zar Ghaffari, was one of the closest companions of the Holy Prophet (s). His real name was Jandab ibn Junadah ibn Sakan. Hazrat Abu Dhar's Kunniya was Abu Dhar, which is because his eldest son was named Dhar (this word in Arabic means 'fragrance').

By one estimate, Abu Dhar was born in 568 AD, which means Abu Dhar was two years older than the Prophet Muhammad (saw). Hazrath Abu Dhar Ghaffari belonged to the Arab tribe Ghaffar. When the news of a new prophet proclaiming a new religion reached Abu Dhar, he sent his brother to Hijaz to get reports from him about the new prophet. After getting a very encouraging report, Abu Dhar decided to meet Prophet Muhammad (s) personally.

He soon went to Makkah where he met Imam Ali Ibne Abi Talib who took him to his home, fed him and made him stay there. After a thorough security check by Hazrath Hamza, Abu Dhar was made to meet the Holy Prophet (s). It is said that Abu Dhar was the first one to say "Salam" to the Prophet Muhammad (saw). That was long before the Islamic Salam was introduced into the early Muslim culture of Arabia. Abu Dhar was taken by the charm, the majesty and the kindness of the Prophet Muhammad (s). He said his Shahada and accepted Islam, so did his brother.

After this, Abu Dhar alongwith all other foremost muslims had to face severe torture and oppression of the Arab tribes. is reported to be the fourth Muslim in chronological order. He had the exclusive honour to call the Prophet Muhammad (saw) as Ya Habibi (my dear friend), while everybody else could only address him as Ya Rasool Allah. During the years in Madina, Abu Dhar became very friendly with Imam Ali bin Abi Talib.

The four people named Salman al-Farsi, Abu Dhar Ghaffari, Miqdad bin Aswad and Ammar Yasir were always seen in the company of Imam Ali bin Abi Talib. Abu Dhar is seen to have kept a very low profile after the passing away of the Holy Prophet (s), Until ca caliph began misappropriating the public treasury for his own use and began distributing it lavishly on his cousins and in-laws. It was then when Abu Dhar become active again and began reacting to it.

Abu Dhar openly taunted the caliph for giving away with the basic principles of Justice and Equity. The words of such a close companion of the Holy Prophet (s) was a sign of danger for the caliph, so the caliph ordered social boycott for him. When this could also not work, the caliph forcefully exiled Abu Dhar from Madina. Abu Dhar was sent to Syria where the conditions were worse than Madina. Abu Dhar's voice was still unstoppable and he soon became a danger for the ruler of Syria, who complained against him to the caliph. The caliph asked to send Abu Dhar to Madina immediately.

Abu Dhar was dispatched quickly without even letting him take his family with him. By the time Abu Dhar arrived in Madina (riding that camel) the flesh of both his thighs had been torn. After a series of events in Madina, when Abu Dhar confronted against the caliph again, Abu Dhar was exiled again and sent to Rabza. He stayed in Rabza until the time of his death. During the last moments of his life, his daughter said to him, "I am alone in this part of the country and I am afraid that I will not be able to protect you from the wild beasts." Abu Dhar replied: "Do not be afraid, in a few moments some believing men would arrive here, do you see someone approaching?" The daughter replied: "No, I do not see anyone coming." Abu Dhar said: "That means I have a few more moments to live." He repeated his question to the daughter after a while.

She said: "Yes, I see some riders approaching." Hazrat Abu Dhar Ghaffari said: "Allahu Akbar, Allah and his Prophet Muhammad (s) are really truthful. Turn my face towards the Qibla. When these riders arrive here, say my Salam to them. When they are done with my funeral rites, have this goat slaughtered for them and tell them that I have asked them under oath not to leave without eating a meal." With that statement, Abu Dhar breathed his last.

When the riders arrived there, who were seven men and among them were Malik Ashtar and Huzayfa al-Yaman, Abu Dhar's daughter told them that her father, Abu Dhar, the companion of Prophet Muhammad, had just died, and he is without anyone to take care of his funeral. They all wept for Abu Dhar. Then they gave him a funeral bath, enshrouded him, prayed his funeral prayer and buried him. When they were all done with that, Abu Dhar's daughter told them that before dying he had left a message for them under oath that they should not leave without having a meal.

They slaughtered the goat, had a meal and then set of towards Madina taking Abu Dhar's daughter with them. May Allah on this day make us follow the example of Hazrath Abu Dhar in standing against tyranny, oppression and injustice.

Reactions: Untamed-Heart