Health Benefits of Green Tea

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Health Benefits of Green Tea
The following are some of the amazing nutrition and healthbenefits of green tea.

GREENTEA ENHANCE THE BODY'S IMMUNE SYSTEM
Healthbenefit of green tea comes from the leaves of the white-flowered tea plant,Camellia Sinensis, a bush native to Asia. These green tea leaves are lessprocessed than black tea and contain rich sources of antioxidants, whichprotect the body's cells from damage and fight diseases. The antioxidants ingreen tea leaves have been linked to cancer prevention, decreased risk ofstroke, heart diseases, and lowered blood cholesterol.

Flavonoidsare nutrient antioxidants found in most plants and many foods common in thehuman diet. There are 12 types of flavonoids, and one plant species may containhundreds of different flavonoids. Polyphenol is a broad class of antioxidantsincluding flavonoids and catechins. Catechins are a type of flavonoid containedin the green tea leaf. Catechins are very strong antioxidants, even morepowerful than vitamins A, C, E and beta-carotene at combating harmful freeradicals and protecting fragile DNA.

Epigallocatechingallate(EGCG), an antioxidant found in green tea, is at least 100 more times moreeffective than Vitamin C and 25 times more effective than Vitamin E atprotecting cells and DNA from damage believed to be linked to cancer, heartdisease and other serious illnesses. This antioxidant in green tea has twicethe benefits of resveratrol, found in red wine.

GREENTEA BENEFIT - INHIBITS CANCER GROWTH
Greentea has been shown to lower the occurrence of all types of cancers, with moresignificant decreases in digestive and urinary tract cancers. In animalstudies, green tea applied topically was repeatedly shown to protect the skinagainst cancerous changes and slow the progression of skin cancer. Research hasshown tea to be helpful in inhibiting esophageal, stomach, colon, rectal,liver, pancreatic, bladder, breast, and lung cancers. Green tea has also beenshown to benefit white blood cells during chemotherapy treatment.

Green tea continues to block the development of nitrosamines, someof which are carcinogens. Nitrosamines originate in food rich innitrates, such as ecologically damaged vegetables, cheese spreads, packagedmeats and smoked meats. This blocking effect is strongest when you drinkgreen tea immediately after a meal.

GREEN TEA BENEFIT - LOWER CHOLESTEROL, STRENGTHENS THE HEART AND CIRCULATION
Greentea has been shown to lower cholesterol. Green tea also acts as a blood thinnerand helps prevent unhealthy clotting. Green tea, with its gently stimulatingand mildly narcotic properties, has also been shown to be relaxing to the bloodvessels. This translates to a decrease in fatal heart disease and stroke.

Greentea contains a whole range of active substances which prevent and, in somecases, also help heal cardiovascular diseases.

Theantioxidants found in green tea can help block the oxidation of LDL bad cholesterol,increase HDL good cholesterol and improve artery function.

Greentea has been extensively tested and been found to be highly beneficial inlowering blood pressure and aiding the recovery of heart attack victims.

GREENTEA BENEFIT - AID FOR DIGESTION
Asa result of its tannic acid content, green tea removes water from the contentsof the intestines and also protects the walls of the intestines and stomachagainst attacks from bacteria. Its overall effect on the digestive tractis a calming one, its alkaline character reduces the effects of excessivegastric acids.

GREENTEA BENEFIT - NO MORE CAVITIES
Greentea contains fluoride and other minerals. It is a good cavity fighter and helpsmaintain hard teeth. In addition, the polyphenols of tea exhibit anti-plaque properties that can help fightbacteria in the mouth. Children can drink one cup of green tea a day to aid inreducing cavities. Rinsing with green tea after meals is cleansing and refreshing.

Therelatively high content of manganese in green tea ensures that the calcium,which builds bones, is transported directly to where it is needed.

GREENTEA BENEFIT - DIABETES
Green tea is not effective against refined sugars i.e. it cannotstop these foods from dramatically increasing the level of blood sugar. However, green tea can slow down the change from natural sugar in food tousable sugar, so that potatoes and pasta with their complex carbohydrates donot affect the blood sugar level so strongly. That is why it makes sensefor diabetic to include green tea in their diabetes diet plan.

Greentea polyphenols and polysaccharides are effective in lowering blood sugarlevel.

GREEN TEA FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Greentea has been used to aid weight loss. Drinking a cup of green tea with eachmeal is a protocol for using tea successfully as a metabolic stimulant. Greentea drink by itself carries only 4 calories per serving, and it is most healthywhen consumed with nothing added.

Thecaffeine in green tea increases body metabolic function to help burn morecalories and the polyphenols aids the digestion of fats. Green tea'santioxidant EGCG stimulates the body to burn calories, notably fat.

Ina Swiss study, a daily dose of 270mg EGCG (the amount in 2 to 3 cups of greentea drink) caused men to burn 4% more energy - about 80 extra calories a day.Green tea caffeine did not increase heart rate, and the calorie burning was notdue to caffeine.

So, sit back, relax and enjoy all the sensory experiences, healthbenefits of green tea and social pleasures that a cup of premium green teadrink delivers. Green tea drink the most potent health drink ever...

Glenn Smith

Apr 23, 2012
Very informative post, which share good information about green tea benefits.
Green tea is very beneficial for the health. It control the cholesterol level, prevent from heart problems, burns the extra fat, lose weight, keep skin healthy and fresh and other so many benefits.

Reactions: Pari

Glenn Smith

Apr 23, 2012
You shared very valuables benefits of green tea. Green tea is really very beneficial for the health and fitness.
I get a lot of information and help from these tea benefits. Thanks for sharing these tea benefits with us.

wandnancy91

Mar 22, 2012
I wanted to plant green tea in my backyard ever since but the problem is I don't know where I can get seeds or seedlings to begin with. I wanted to use fresh and natural green tea and not the commercialized and processed ones that I have been using.