I will work as long as I can: Amitabh Bachchan

• Work-from-home

grul.bball

TM Star
Jun 3, 2007
Canada
Bollywood mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan , who is competing for roles with heroes up to 30 years younger than him, has no plans to hang up his boots as he does not want to ever face a financial crisis or feel insecure.

The Big B, seen most recently in Cheeni Kum as a man in his mid-60s romancing a woman half his age, explained why he would not consider retirement and why he would not return to politics in an interview.

"I have been through that phase before where I was in a financial crisis, and once you have been there you tend to feel insecure," said the star who will turn 65 in October.

"You want to make sure that you earn enough never to have to go through that again."

As long as audiences and producers wanted him to perform, Bachchan will appear on the silver screen that he has dominated for over three decades.

"I will continue to work as long as I can," he said. "I am thankful that I am still getting roles that are challenging. After all I am at least 20 to 30 years older than most of the heroes on stage."

More than two decades after his stint as a member of the Lok Sabha, Bachchan also said he was determined not to enter politics again.

"I am a failed politician. I was not good at it, and I have made it very clear that I will not enter (politics) again," Bachchan asserted.

"Back then, I entered politics on an emotional note," Bachchan said, apparently referring to his close association and friendship with late prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, at whose behest he joined politics and contested the general election in 1984.

Reactions: nrbhayo