Interview With Paris Hilton

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
'India is a beautiful country with lovely people'
Paris Hilton was treated like a princess during her breezy three days visit to India. She launched her range of handbags and accessories in Mumbai city. Needless to say, pink cupcakes and lollipops were on offer, besides a special cake in the shape of a Paris Hilton handbag. The lady arrived at the launch area after a good two hours delay where the media was kept waiting. However, she arrived like a quintessential star and dressed in a Malini Ramani coral pink Grecian drape dress similar to a sari she looked resplendent. Nevertheless, meeting the hotel heiress was quite worth the wait for the entire media fraternity, well she is loved by scores of people for nothing. From being a socialite, actress, model and businesswomen, needless to say she likes being an entrepreneur the most.

Meet Paris Hilton, as she speaks about her love for India, Bollywood and fashion...starting with the standard line by foreign celebrities- 'Namaste India!'

Why were you named Paris? It's an uncommon name but how did you get it?
I was not born in Paris. My parents had three options for names. Paris, China and another name to choose from, and my mother opted for Paris. I am glad she chose this name for me. I couldn't have been described or christened by a better name for sure. I love it and it's so unique. I actually have a best friend named India and I hang out a lot with her. (Laughs mischievously)

Do you love Indian clothes and have you tried wearing any in this trip yet?
I love the interesting creations by Indian designers and I have worn only Indian designer's outfits during this visit. I would love to visit India again and want to buy lots of saris and jewellery to take back home.

I am very inspired by Indian designers and I love their saris. I recently shot for the cover of Marie Claire India in a sari designed by Rocky S who is an incredible designer. I am sure I will wear a sari back in the U.S. as well. I will take back good memories for my friends who have never been to India, and a few saris, bindis and jewellery.

What do you have to say about the launch of your handbags? How would you describe your purses?
I am really excited about launching my business in India. The bags that we have got are affordable luxury and can be carried with anything and everything. It can be carried to a party, when out shopping, with friends, just about anywhere. We have plans of opening two hundred stores of our handbags and accessories in the next two years in India.

Are you open to acting in Indian films/Bollywood?
Oh! I love Bollywood films. The actors are amazing and the movies are so colourful. They are doing a great job. I met my friends from Bollywood here. I would love to be a part of a Bollywood film, if the script is great I may just do it. But for now my hands are full.

So what's your take on fashion and what's your style?
I love to have fun with style. I don't like to copy people or follow fashion. I like being a trend setter!

Indian reality television scene is big here. Would you like to be a part of a Big Boss or some big talk show or reality television show here?
I wish I could do a talk show, but I really don't have time. I am here on a short trip only to promote my brand. Perhaps next time! I am keen to work here but currently I am working on my books, my album, my 13th perfumes, my resorts, hotels, my lifestyle line so I really have no time to devote to films but let's see what's in store.

Do you do yoga or have you heard of Yoga?
I am majorly into Yoga. I practice it everyday and just love it. In fact I have been asked by people to come up with my own yoga clothes line, so I am happily endorsing yoga.

What kind of men do you fancy?
I like men who have a good sense of humour, who are gracious, caring and of course they have to look cute!

Have you visited India earlier and what has been your experience?
This is my first visit to the country and I am thrilled to bits. I am so glad to have come here. Ever since I have landed in the country, I have got an awesome welcome by the warmest people I have come across. India is such a beautiful country with such lovely people. I have been connected with my fans from this country on social networking sites and they have been pleading me to come to India since a long time. So here I am to connect with all my fans and well wishers in India. I have heard there are some lovely beaches around, so if time permits I may want to visit around.

I can't wait to go back and tell my friends about my memorable visit to India. I would love to come back here when possible.

- Ruhail Amin, Glamsham Editorial