Leadership is based upon the policy, not personality or race politics

• Work-from-home

Bint-e-Aisha

Maria ki Mama
VIP
Jun 16, 2009
chaand pe
وَلَوِ اسْتُعْمِلَ عَلَيْكُمْ عَبْدٌ حَبَشِىٌّ يَقُودُكُمْ بِكِتَابِ اللَّهِ فَاسْمَعُوا لَهُ وَأَطِيعُوا

And even if a black slave was appointed over you and leads you by the Book of Allah then listen to him and obey

(An-Nisaa'i, ibn Maja, Tirmidhi)

Commentary

• This narration is a proof for those who deny that Qurashi lineage is a condition of leadership, but is rather a recommended attribute.
  • Leadership in Islam is not based upon the personality of the leader, but upon the sources of their rule.
  • Obedience is conditional upon being ruled by the Quran and Sunnah.
  • The narration is also found in Sahih Muslim without the mention of the word "حبشي", and several other similar narrations are reported since the report was part of the final khutbah in the last pilgrimage of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
  • All the similar narrations highlight the importance attached to obedience, such that even if the one considered as the least advantaged in society is put into a position of leadership then they have to be obeyed so long as they rule by Islam.
  • It should also be highlighted that the nature of the Islamic rule is non-racial, as opposed to the Western politics where it is until today considered a great achievement if a man of different ethnic origins manages to reach an advanced position in their career.

Source: The Sixty Sultaniyya (A collection of hadith relating to Ruling)

Reactions: nrbhayo

saviou

Aug 23, 2009
Jazakalllah Khair Bint-e-Aisha
bilkul sahi aur haq hai.....duniyawi aitbaar se wo kitna hi maroof kyun na ho par deeni aitbaar se agar uske paas ilm nahi to imaam banne k layakh nahi aur deeni ilm ka ye bhi matlab nahi k hafiz e Quran balke fehme Quran ho aur achchi seerat rakhta ho aur yahan imaam ka matlab wo imaam nahi jo sirf kisi majid me imaamat karata ho balke ek leader hai jo puri quam ko leke chale aur unke haq me Quran aur hadees k mutabik faisle kare............

Allah hame deen ki sahi samajh aata farmaye Aameen