Patriotic partners (Junaid Jamshed & Salman Ahmed)

• Work-from-home

Atif-adi

-{عادي}-{Adi}-
VIP
Oct 1, 2009
Sharjah, U.A.E
Patriotic partners

Junaid Jamshed To Make his Comeback In Collaboration with Salman Ahmed

Junaid Jamshed and Salman Ahmad will jam together in Karachi. PHOTO: IMRAN AHMAD

A few months ago, Junoon’s vocalist and guitarist Salman Ahmad tweeted about his collaboration with Junaid Jamshed. The teaser that was posted on Twitter months ago has finally been confirmed after a photo of the two musicians jamming was posted. Ahmad also announced the collaboration in an official email saying, “We’re recording a 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century version of ‘Dil Dil Pakistan’ and ‘Jazba Junoon’.”

Ahmad states that the rehearsal session was captured by Ahmad’s son, Imran, with his phone.“The video and the photo contain a true emotion providing a rare glimpse of hope for the new generation. Two days ago, my dear friend and Vital Signs bandmate, Junaid Jamshed and I came together to rehearse after many years. We felt inspired to sing two anthems of our youth; ‘Jazba Junoon’ and ‘Dil Dil Pakistan’.”
The guitarist said that the session was not preplanned. “Junaid and his wife Aisha came to welcome us back to Karachi, we started talking about Pakistan and out came the guitar and an impromptu rehearsal eventually took place. Junaid and I will be doing a lot more collaborations together to unite the country.”
Ahmad will also be performing at the Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) rally being held today at Quaid-e-Azam mausoleum (Mazar-e-Quaid). “I have always been a wandering spirit and I will try to infuse some jazba and junoon to the jalsa as Imran Khan asked me to perform at the rally,” explains Ahmad.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 25[SUP]th[/SUP], 2011.