Navy Pns karsaz

• Work-from-home

*Sonu*

•°o.O Born to Fly O.o°•
VIP
Mar 5, 2010
Pakistan Navy at the time of independence only had a small workshop at Manora for technical training of officers and men. The need was immediately realized to establish a set-up at the earliest. As a first step Marine Training Establishment (MTE) was created at Manora in 1948. The facility was upgraded as an independent unit in Dec 1950. Subsequently, as per dictate of the time a new establishment was considered for commissioning, in an area where future expansion could take place. Accordingly, HMPS Karsaz came into being on 24 Sep 1954. Later, the establishment was renamed as PNS Karsaz and was assigned an initial role to train mechanical branch artificers only. The created infrastructure was designed for a total strength of 250 trainees extendable to 400. In 1955 Electrical training also commenced in Karsaz and thereafter Electrical & Mechanical Schools started functioning side by side along with PT school and NBCD School. PN Staff College and Supply School were later additions.

PNS Karsaz has multidimensional responsibilities, with major focus on meeting needs of new scheme of training, despite increased training load; the unit is also entrusted with the responsibility to look after maintenance, upkeep and other miscellaneous issues of residential areas. Besides this, the security of unit and residential areas, through which a large number of service and civilian personnel pass daily, is the another major aspect which requires a vigilant eye at all times.

PEACE TIME ROLE

To train sailors of Ops, ME, Aero tech, Logistics and Medical branches under new scheme of training.
To conduct mid career courses for CPOs and Sailors of PN and friendly countries.
To conduct regular & short courses for Officers, CPOs and Sailors.
To administer and maintain NORE IV and Hanif SRE areas.
To provide logistic support to tender units.
To provide aid to civil power.
WAR TIME ROLE

To maintain appropriate state of readiness of passive defence
To provide aid to civil power and fortress defence
MISSION

Mission of the unit is “To train technical manpower to meet peace and war time requirements of Pakistan Navy.”

ORGANIZATION

PNS Karsaz is organized to cater its own administrative needs and provide training to officers, CPOs, sailors and civilians of Pakistan Navy through four schools.

TRAINING SCHOOLS

Four schools i.e ME, WE, NBCD and PT School form the nucleus to achieve the primary mission of technical training. Training of all new entry sailors and mid career courses for CPOs & sailors of technical branches is conducted at ME and WE schools, while, NBCD and PT schools conduct specialized regular & short professional courses. Today the unit trains about 6000 sailors every year in its Electrical, cal, PT anME SCHOOL

Marine Engineering (ME) School is the only mechanical cum electrical training institute for CPOs/Sailors that impart training on maintenance and upkeep of all mechanical/electrical machinery and hull fittings fitted onboard PN ships, submarines and shore units. o award certificate equivalent to 3 years Diploma of Associate Engineering to ME branch personnel since 1970.

Following regular courses being conducted at ME School:

Course Duration

(Weeks)

· S/LT(SD) (EL) 16

· CMEA ‘Q’ 16

· CMEA (H) ‘Q’ 16

· CMEA (L) ‘Q’ 16

· MEA IV 52

· MEA(H) 52

· MEA(L) 52

· LMEM 52

· LMEM(L) </