• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada

Which year was Prophet (PBUH) born?
A: 570 AD

what was the Prophet's (PBUH) three part response when his Companions asked, "What was your origin?"
A: Prayer of my father Ibrahim (PBUH), tidings of Isa (PBUH) gave of me and the dream of my mother that had reached the castles of Basra.

What did Prophet Ibrahim's (PBUH) prayer consist of with respect to his progeny while building Kaaba with his son Prophet Ismail (PBUH)?
A: "O our Sustainers! Raise up from the midst of our off spring an apostle from among themselves, who shall convey unto them Thy messages, and impart unto them revelation as well as wisdom, and cause them to grow in purity: for, verily, Thou alone art almighty, truly wise!" (Quran 2: 129).
After four thousand years, God granted Prophet Ibrahim's prayer and raised our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from amongst them, as an answer to his prayer. The same thing has been quoted in the Quran as follows: "It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered a messenger from among themselves, to rehearse to
them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom, although they had been, before, in manifest error;" Quran (62:2)

With whom did Prophet (PBUH) spend his first 3 years?
A: Halima, a wet nurse.

What incident made Halima to return Prophet (PBUH) to his mother Amina?
A: A strange incident took place in the prophet's childhood. Once, both
Muhammad and his foster brother were playing in the yard with the goats when the Angel Jibrael appeared to them. The Angel came split open Muhammad's chest, took out his heart, removed a blood clot and washed it in Zamzam. The angel then returned the heart to Muhammad's body before going away. The angel said this was the part of shaytan in you. His foster brother ran to Halima and said that Muhammad has been murdered. She rushed out and found Muhammad standing with a pale white face. She checked over his body and found that he was fine. Very shortly she returned him to Amina, his mother.

Who took care of Prophet (PBUH) when his mother died?
A: Prophet's Grandfather Abd Al-Muttalib.

What was the special privilege that Prophet's grandfather gave Muhammad (PBUH) during his childhood, which even his own sons did not have?
A: The young Muhammad (PBUH) accompanied his grandfather Abd Al-Muttalib to Kaaba and sat on the cushion to join the Council of elders.

When Prophet (PBUH) was eight years old, his grandfather died. Who took care of Prophet (PBUH) at that time?
A: His uncle Abu Talib.

Abu Talib was not the oldest of his brothers, not the richest of his brothers, yet he ended up taking care of Prophet (PBUH). Why?
A: Even before Prophet's grandfather Abd Al-Muttalib passed away, his
grandfather trusted Abu Talib the most and asked him to take care of the young Muhammad (PBUH).

Did Prophet (PBUH) fell in love with someone during his youth i.e. before
his Prophet Hood?
A: Yes. Umm Hani was a daughter of Abu Talib. Prophet (PBUH) developed love with Umm Hani when he was living with his uncle's family but the marriage did not consummate because Abu Talib disapproved it.

While Khadija (Ra) rejected many of the suitors who approached her for marriage, how did Prophet (PBUH) propose Khadija to marry her?
A: Khadija was the one who proposed Prophet (PBUH) to marry her because of his trustworthiness.

How many children did Prophet (PBUH) have?
A: 7 children (The first six were from Khadija (ra) - Two sons: Al qasim and Abdullah, Four daughters: Zaynab, Ruqayah, Fatimah and Om Kolthoom; seventh one was Ibrahim from Maryam (Ra))

Fill in the blanks. The Prophet said, "The eyes weep, heart grieves of parting of you _______, but we don't say anything except that pleases
Allah."
A: Ibrahim. Muhammad (PBUH) took the child Ibrahim and laid him in his own lap with shaking hand and said this with his broken heart. Seeing Muhammad's sorrow, his Companions reminded him of his commandment against indulging in self-pity after a death. Muhammad is reported as having answered: "I have not commanded against sadness, but against raising one's voice in lamentation. What you see in me is the effect of the love and compassion in my heart for my lost one. Remember that whoever feels not compassion toward others will not receive any compassion."

How many of his children died during the lifetime of Prophet (PBUH)?
A: Six (only Fatima (Ra) outlived him)

What did Khadija (Ra) gave Prophet (PBUH) as a wedding present?
A: Zaid ibn Harith, a servant boy of her.

What became of Zaid Ibn Harith eventually?
A: Zaid ibn Harith became Prophet's (PBUH) adopted son. The father of Zaid belonging to one of the influential tribes learnt later that Zaid is living in Mecca as a slave and approached Prophet (PBUH) to sell Zaid back to them. Prophet (PBUH) responded that they can have Zaid for free, if Zaid is willing. But Zaid who was living as a slave said to his father that after being lived with Prophet (PBUH) he can't imagine having any man above him and denied to join his father. His father told him that he had to live like a slave if he chose to live with Prophet (PBUH) otherwise he could be the chief of his tribe or something of that sort. Still Zaid refused. Immediately after hearing this Prophet (PBUH) set Zaid free and took him to the centre of the city and declared that Zaid is his adopted son. Zaid then became Zaid ibn Muhammad. Later Quranic verse was revealed to retain the biological name of the adopted children (Quran 33:4-5) and hence his name was changed back to Zaid ibn Harith.

What was Prophet's (PBUH) response when Quraysh complained to his uncle Abu Talib to stop his preaching?
A: Prophet said, "If they were to put the sun in my right hand and the moon in my left hand to stop me from preaching Islam, I would never stop. I will keep preaching until Allah makes Islam prevail or I die."

When Prophet (PBUH) refused to stop preaching, what did his uncle Abu Lahab convince his sons to do?
A: To divorce Prophet's daughters. Depending on the source one believes, either Prophet's daughters betrothal to Abu Lahab's sons did not consummate or their marriage to Abu Lahab's sons resulted in divorce. Allah knows the best.

What is the Arabic name of the Pact of Chivalry that Prophet (PBUH) entered into before his Prophet Hood?
A: Hilf-ul-fadhul. A businessman from abroad came to Mecca to do business but the Quraysh did injustice to him in the business. The businessman who was an outsider did not have anyone to support him and out of his conscience asked Quraysh if there is anyone among them who can question the injustice done to him. This greatly embarrassed Quraysh and they entered into this Pact of Chivalry, "that henceforth they would stand together as one man on the side of the oppressed against the oppressor until justice was done, whether the oppressed were a man of the Quraysh or one who had come from abroad." At a very young age, Muhammad enthusiastically joined this pact of
chivalry for the establishment of justice and the protection of the weak and the oppressed made by certain chiefs of the Quraysh. In later years, at Madinah, Muhammad used to say: "I was present in the house of Abd Allah ibn Jud'an at so excellent a pact that I would not exchange my part in it for a herd of red camels, and if now in Islam, I were summoned to a similar pact, I would gladly respond." Prophet said, "The best of you in Jahiliyah (period of ignorance) is the best of you in Islam." (Muslim)

When Prophet (PBUH) began approaching 40 years of his age, some strange
things started happening to him before this Prophethood. Name one of them.
A: He started having vivid dreams come true, he had craving to do
meditation.

Where did Prophet (PBUH) use to go for meditation?
A: Cave of Hira

what is the first verse to be revealed?
A: Iqra (Surah 96: 1-5)

How did Prophet (PBUH) react after the first revelation?
A: He was frightened.

What was Khadijah's (Ra) response with respect to the Prophet's character after
the first revelation?
A: Khadijah said to Prophet, "Allah would never humiliate you, for you are good to your relatives, you are true to your word, you help those who are in need, you support the weak, you feed the guest and you answer the call of those who are in distress". In other words, he was the best of them in jahiliya (period of ignorance).

To whom did Khadijah take Prophet (PBUH) after the first revelation?
A: To her relative Waraqah ibn Nawfal, a Christian.

What did Waraqah tell about Muhammad (PBUH) and the revelation?
A: Normally during the Quiz sessions, when the question is asked who was the first to accept Islam, the answer is either Abu bakr (Ra) from male elders or Ali (Ra) from youngsters or Khadijah (Ra) from female elders and I disagree with that because Waraqah said, "This is the same being (angel Jibrael) who brought the revelations of Allah to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqah replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." (Not long after this incident, Muhammad was commanded in a subsequent revelation
from Allah, through the angel Jibrael, to call people to worship Allah only, and it was at this point that Khadijah did not hesitate in expressing in public what she had now known for certain in secret for some time: " I bear witness that there is no god except Allah," she said, "and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.")

Translate the Quranic verse in English. "Innaka la tahdee man ahbabta walakinna Allaha yahdee man yashao wahuwa aAAlamu bialmuhtadeena"
A: "Verily, you will not guide everyone whom you love, but Allah guides whom
He wills and He knows best those who Will guided" (Qur'an 28:56). When Abu Talib was in his death bed, Prophet (PBUH) was holding Abu Talib's hand and requested him to say shahada (accept Islam) but his uncle Abu Talib died as an unbeliever. Prophet (PBUH) was sad and Allah revealed this verse to console him.

If i made ne mistake please let me know:)

Reactions: nrbhayo