• Work-from-home

Dark

Darknes will Fall
VIP
Jun 21, 2007

by sam
Question
Making up missed prayers
In my lifetime I did not offered Fard Salah five time a day, some time I missed 2 some time 3 Salah. Can I offer that missed Salah of my lifetime now as an adjustment by offering Qaza' prayer, after each Fard prayer every day in order to adjust missed Salah.?
FatwaPraise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

All Muslims have agreed upon that prayer is an obligation on every pubescent and sane Muslim if there is no legal hindrance for performing it. The legal reasons for leaving a prayer is being a woman in her menstrual period or in her confinement period, or a person becomes unconscious or insane or the like. Know prayer is physical form of worship. Thus no one can perform it on behalf of another person. Prayer is the second greatest pillar of Islam after Shahadah (proclaiming the La Ilaha Illa Allah Muhammad Rasulu Allah). The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Between a person and disbelief is discarding Salah". [Reported by Imam Muslim]
Due to pieces of evidence in Qur'an and Hadith all the Muslim scholars agree that whoever leaves a prayer, denying its indispensability becomes Kafir (unbeliever)<WBR>.
As for as the one, who does not offer prayers at all due to laziness, such person would be demanded to repent from this bad practice according to majority of the Muslim scholars of Malikites, Shafites and Hanbalites. If he does not repent, then he will be killed.
Malikites and Shafites are of the opinion that he will be killed as Had (punishment set by Sharia). But this opinion is not so strong since the evidence of Sharia allows killing a person only for three reasons as mentioned in the Hadith that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "It is not lawful to kill a Muslim except for one of three cases: adultery after marriage, killing someone purposely, becoming an apostate (leaving Muslim Ummah)". Hambalities are of the opinion that the person who gives up prayer - never performs them - should be killed since he becomes Kafir. This opinion is most correct based upon much evidence. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Between a person and disbelief is discarding Salah".
Buradah reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "The pact between us and them is Salah, whoever gives it up becomes an unbeliever".
Therefore, if a person neglects only one prayer without any legal reason till its fixed time has passed his deeds become fruitless. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said in a Sahih Hadith, "Whoever gives up Asr prayer his deeds become fruitless". Just imagine how it would be worse if one leaves many prayers.
A well-known Tabie Shaqeeq bin Abdullah said: 'The companion of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) did not consider the abandonment of any act, with the exception of Salah, as being Kufr".
Thus, if we conclude that the one who neglects prayers due to laziness becomes Kafir; then such a person should renew his belief and he no longer will be asked to make up the missed prayers and fast. Only he must make sincere repentance, perform voluntary deeds as much as possible. He is not subjected to any expiation other than making sincere repentance and continuously asking forgiveness of Allah.
But those who are of the opinion that such a person (gives up prayers due to laziness) does not become Kafir they obligate on him to make up the missed fast and prayers.
Finally, we say that it is safer for such a person to make up the missed prayers even if it takes him a long period.
Allah knows best.

[FONT=Times New
Roman, Times,
Serif]

Question

Delaying prayers and performing them all together
I am learning. So, I delay all prayers and perform them at home all together. How should I perform them?

FatwaPraise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Know that it is not permissible to delay prayer from its fixed time unless there is a legal reason such as combining two prayers on a journey, or while it is raining.
Only in cases mentioned above can one combine al-Zuhr with al-'Asr and al-Maghrib with al-'Isha.
Know that if acquiring knowledge constitutes an obstacle that prevents you from performing or delaying prayer, then you have to give up such learning, since there will not be good in knowledge that diverts one from Allah's worship.
But, if a Muslim misses the prayers due to a legal reason such as deep sleep, then he has to make them up in their normal order, i.e. Fajr, Zuhr, etc.

Allah knows best.

[FONT=Times New
Roman, Times, Serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]</SPAN></SPAN>

Reactions: paki