❥❥ღ ☆º ❥❥SuB Ki LaAdAli GuRiYa❥❥ღ ☆º ❥❥
- Oct 18, 2013
Tomb of Jahangir,is the mausoleum built for the Mughal Emperor Jahangir who ruled from 1605 to 1627. It's located in specious walled Garden of Empress Nur Jahan called Dilkusha at Shahdara on the bank of river Ravi, three mile north-west of the town. This tomb was built and completed by Emperor Shah Jahan at the cost of ten lac of Rupees in 1637 A.D. The tomb is monument of surpassing beauty, the finest ornament of Lahore and the more magnificent Mughal edifice in the Indo-Pak Sub-continent after the Taj Mehal at Agra. The mausoleum features prominently on the Pakistan Rupees 1,000 denomination bank note.
The mausoleum, a single story structure, square in plan, consist of a platform with tall octagonal corner towers and a projecting entrance in the middle of each side. The exterior side of the monument including the lowest stage of the towers, has a red sand stone facing with rich pandal decoration inlaid with marble decorative motifs. The four corner-towers, with white marble cupolas rise in five stages to a height of 100 feet with a zigzag inlay of white and yellow marble. The building is divided into a series of vaulted compartments. The interior is ornamented with floral frescoes delicate inlay work pietra dura and brilliant marble intersia of various colors. The marble cenotaph with its delicate and colorful pietra dura is engraves with the ninety nine attribute of God.