Hadeeth On The Sitting Of Rasoolullah

• Work-from-home

Wasif Safi

!!pRaISe D CReAtOr!!
Banned
Oct 1, 2009
Hyderabad, India
Chapter 20. The Sitting Of Rasoolullah
Qaylah bint Makhramah Radiyallahu 'Anha reports: "I saw Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam in the masjid (in a very humble posture) sitting in a qarfasaa posture. Due to his awe-inspiring personality, I began shivering'.
Commentary.
The 'ulama differ in the explanation of the word 'qarfasaa'. The most commonly known is, that while sitting on the ground, to lift both thighs in an upright position, and fold both arms around the legs. It is also termed in the Urdu language as sitting 'Gowt maar ke'. The reason for the awe was, that at this moment Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam was in some deep thought and worry. He never worried over little things. He feared that perhaps a punishment or calamity might descend on the ummah. This seems to be the hadith that has been mentioned briefly in hadith number twelve in the Chapter on the dressing of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. This hadith has another portion which the author has shortened, where it continues that one among those present, after seeing Sayyiditina Qaylah Radiyallahu 'Anha shivering said: 'Oh Rasulullah, this poor woman is trembling'. Sayyiditina Qaylah Radiyallahu 'Anha says: 'I was behind Rasuluilah Sallailahu 'Alayhi Wasallam, and he did not look towards me. He only said: 'Oh poor woman, be calm'. As soon as Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam said this all the fear in me vanished'. In some narrations this incident is narrated of a man, as has been mentioned in the chapter on the 'Dressing of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam'.