Idea A suggestion / help

• Work-from-home

H@!der

Super Star
Feb 22, 2012
hay Admin...

i joined ur site today and found it quite interesting and informative..

1st of all congrats to all who hv made their efforts to make dis site look like a family ad some pace..

wht i am troubling with is that the number of replies shown on the page..

i m not sure if its due to my page setting or something else but i cud see the original post is being carried forward to every page and also with just 1 reply to the post per page....

the original post displayed on every page lessens the space on the reply page for number of replies to b shown..

and even with 2-3 replies to the post, it makes it 3-4 pages for the thread..

AGAIN .. i tried to look for the option for number of replies shown on the page option but hard luck.

so IF its already there plz help me to locate and adjust my screen

IF not please can u take into consideration to make it maximum number of replies to b shown on page and remove the Original post form Every page. i guess it wd look better to Re-check and reply on the post as one will have all the OR maximum number of previous replies on one page which makes it easier for relative replies..

Thanks

Best regards....

Ghazal_Ka_Chiragh

>cRaZy GuY<
VIP
Jun 11, 2011
Karachi,PK
Assalamo alaikum sorry woh mene saari scripting to nahinn
parhi per aapki problem shayad samajh gaya hun ke har page pe eik
post visible ho raha hai to woh aap settings se kar saktin hain
adjustment settings phir general settings me aapko yeh option
milega hope insha'ALLAH aapko baat samajh aayegi aur matter
solve ho jayega otherwise samajh na aane per aap dubara pooch
dakti hain

Reactions: P@ssion

Nelly

VIP
Sep 23, 2009
United Kingdom
hey there
a very warm welcum to u at our site:) we r glad that u liked it alot:)
however, v r sorry abt da trouble u've been facing, but actually it is due to ur page setting and u can change it as u want dem to.....
if u go to
settings, right at the top of da page u'll see the user control panel where u can handle or customize all ur forum settings:)
after u've entered in the control panel, u'll see a list ov different options alongside the page, just click on the
General Settings if u want to customize the numbers ov posts each page,....

then scroll the page down n just right at the end it says "thread display option" > numbers of posts to show per page, select the posts per page as u would like to see em and save changes......

hay Admin...

i joined ur site today and found it quite interesting and informative..

1st of all congrats to all who hv made their efforts to make dis site look like a family ad some pace..

wht i am troubling with is that the number of replies shown on the page..

i m not sure if its due to my page setting or something else but i cud see the original post is being carried forward to every page and also with just 1 reply to the post per page....

the original post displayed on every page lessens the space on the reply page for number of replies to b shown..

and even with 2-3 replies to the post, it makes it 3-4 pages for the thread..

AGAIN .. i tried to look for the option for number of replies shown on the page option but hard luck.

so IF its already there plz help me to locate and adjust my screen

IF not please can u take into consideration to make it maximum number of replies to b shown on page and remove the Original post form Every page. i guess it wd look better to Re-check and reply on the post as one will have all the OR maximum number of previous replies on one page which makes it easier for relative replies..

Thanks

Best regards....

Nelly

VIP
Sep 23, 2009
United Kingdom
yeah i think 10 posts per page honi chaiye forum default settings main....
Assalamo alaikum sorry woh mene saari scripting to nahinn
parhi per aapki problem shayad samajh gaya hun ke har page pe eik
post visible ho raha hai to woh aap settings se kar saktin hain
adjustment settings phir general settings me aapko yeh option
milega hope insha'ALLAH aapko baat samajh aayegi aur matter
solve ho jayega otherwise samajh na aane per aap dubara pooch
dakti hain

Ghazal_Ka_Chiragh

>cRaZy GuY<
VIP
Jun 11, 2011
Karachi,PK
hey there
a very warm welcum to u at our site:) we r glad that u liked it alot:)
however, v r sorry abt da trouble u've been facing, but actually it is due to ur page setting and u can change it as u want dem to.....
if u go to
settings, right at the top of da page u'll see the user control panel where u can handle or customize all ur forum settings:)
after u've entered in the control panel, u'll see a list ov different options alongside the page, just click on the
General Settings if u want to customize the numbers ov posts each page,....

then scroll the page down n just right at the end it says "thread display option" > numbers of posts to show per page, select the posts per page as u would like to see em and save changes......

Ooh wow great kitne achhe se samjhaya Nelli sis wonderfull work u dun

keep up the gud work

Don

Administrator
Mar 15, 2007
Toronto, Ca
Please follow Nelli's post. And first shows on every page because there are several topic which are pretty old but still active and some with too many pages. Therefore we have this option where user can see TOPIC STARTER post on every page. Unfortunately, we cannot allow individual user to turn it off (as of now).

If you still have question do let us know we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Reactions: P@ssion

H@!der

Super Star
Feb 22, 2012
WELL...

i must say.. this is the 1st site i saw which gives so many page setting options..
my bad that i missed it 1st place..

but .. thnx to all of u wonderful ppl....

Chiragh, Mashraki, Nelli, Don... that was really helpful..

n its one of those rare scenes where i cud see ev1 replying to the simplest to b a help..
normally ppl don't reply for them if thy see sum1 has already replied to the problem..
this shows the enthusiasm n dedication.. wonderful.. :)

@ DON.. i understood ur point but wht hppns is sometimes the original post is so lenghty that u hv to scroll down a long way to reach the desired.. but i guess thats worth it.. coz now i can see most replies on teh same page so that wont b any issue..

but yaa i wd agree with Nelli too that default settings shd b a standard so even if a newbie dznt go to options , it shd b simple enf for them to interact with..

but ..thanks once again for help..

Problem Solved :)

God bless u all.