Consider Ayat 80, Surat Nisa'i.

• Work-from-home

Abu Hafsat

Oct 30, 2010
Kano, Nigeria
As-Salaam alaikum,
In ayat 80 of Surat Nisa'i of the Holy Qur'an (4:80), Allah Ta'ala says:--

"He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah.''

With this, it is as if Allah, Exalted and Majestic is He, is saying to Muslims, Mumins, the World, the Universe and everything He created, 'If you love whom I love, you will be accepted.'
Why did Allah put it in the verse/ayat like that?-- 'man 'ata'ar-rasool faqad 'ata-Allah- whoso obeys the Messenger is obeying Allah'... meaning, 'You cannot come to Me without 'ata ar-rasool'.
Go back and come with adaab and discipline, and then when you come with adaab to My Presence, it has to be through obedience. And He used the word 'Obedience', and there is no obedience without love, so whenever loved the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, loved Allah, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, which is why He said:--

''Say (O Muhammad), if you [really] love Allah, then follow me! Allah will love you and forgive
you your sins, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' (3:31)

This ayat shows us the importance of loving the Prophet. Here, we are not speaking of obligations, which we have to do/observe, but some people say, don't love or praise too much as that is Shirk.
Hadith:-- ''You will not be a true believer until you love me more than
your children and parents and all creation.'' (Bukhari and Muslim).

Who is first, your mother and father or your brother and sister, or the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam? That is it! Allah is saying, I want you to love the Prophet more than anyone!.