Mushy cleared to coach England and Sussex

• Work-from-home

dream girl

Khwabon se bahre Naina
VIP
Jul 30, 2008
ITALY
Mushtaq Ahmed has been cleared to coach England's spinners and his former county Sussex after the conclusion of new work permit regulations.

The 38-year-old former Pakistan leg-spinner will split his time during a three-month stint, starting in June.

"I am looking forward to passing on my experience to England spinners as well as the whole Sussex squad," he said.

"It's a great honour to come back to my 'family' at Sussex and working with the England and Wales Cricket Board."

Mushtaq verbally agreed the deal last October and the ECB will be hoping that he can help the Test side's spinners to success in this summer's Ashes series against Australia.

In six years at Sussex, Mushtaq enjoyed great success as a player, winning three County Championships, the C&G Trophy and the Division Two title, but he was forced to retire because of a recurring knee injury last summer.

"It will be nice to see all my friends again and I hope I will be able to take my performances from the field into the dressing room," Mushtaq said.

"When you have a passion for something, you allow yourself to give your best, and I have the passion and desire for coaching."

Sussex's professional cricket manager Mark Robinson is delighted to have Mushtaq back.

"The confirmation of Mushtaq's signing for the summer comes as great news to the club, especially after the intricacies of the new work permit regulations in the UK," he said.

"We worked closely with Mushtaq and the ECB in October to make sure the deal went ahead.

"It is great to have a man of Mushy's experience and stature to be working with the squad in what promises to be another exciting year of cricket at Hove."

Story from BBC SPORT:

Code:
[URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/cricket/7813523.stm"][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006699]http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/cricket/7813523.stm[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
Published: 2009/01/06 12:35:31 GMT

© BBC MMIX

Print Sponsor