VIP
Aug 17, 2012
lahore

MY TOPIC IS ILM

What Every Muslim Should Know about their Deen

TYPES OF KNOWLEDGE IN ISLAM

Muslim scholars classify knowledge into two categories:

Obligatory Knowledge (fardh 'ayn)

This refers to knowledge of the fundamentals of Islamic beliefs which every Muslim must know Seeking this knowledge is an obligatory duty upon every Muslim. All obligatory knowledge deal exclusively with al-'Ilm al-Shari'i, that is, knowledge pertaining to Islamic faith, acts of worship, and the necessary transaction in the daily dealing of a Muslim.

Optional Knowledge (fardh kifayah)

This is not a duty required of every individual, but rather it falls upon the community as a whole. Hence, if a group of individuals in the community undertake to acquire this kind of knowledge, all other individuals will be exempted from this duty, and the whole community will be free from responsibility or negligence to acquire this kind of knowledge. Examples of such knowledge include studying Islamic law and other basic sciences, industries and professions which are vital for the welfare of the society.

Some Hadith's on Knowledge

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The seeking of knowledge is obligatory for every Muslim." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 74

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “One who treads a path in search of knowledge has his path to Paradise made easy by God…” - Riyadh us-Saleheen, 245

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A servant of God will remain standing on the Day of Judgment until he is questioned about his (time on earth) and how he used it; about his knowledge and how he utilized it; about his wealth and from where he acquired it and in what (activities) he spent it; and about his body and how he used it." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 148

The Prophet also said: "Knowledge from which no benefit is derived is like a treasure out of which nothing is spent in the cause of God." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 108

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God, His angels and all those in Heavens and on Earth, even ants in their hills and fish in the water, call down blessings on those who instruct others in beneficial knowledge." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 422

The Prophet also said: "Acquire knowledge and impart it to the people." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 107

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, God will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise. The angels will lower their wings in their great pleasure with one who seeks knowledge. The inhabitants of the heavens and the Earth and (even) the fish in the deep waters will ask forgiveness for the learned man. The superiority of the learned over the devout is like that of the moon, on the night when it is full, over the rest of the stars. The learned are the heirs of the Prophets, and the Prophets leave (no monetary inheritance), they leave only knowledge, and he who takes it takes an abundant portion. - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1631

THE CREATION OF NABI ADAM (A.S)

When Hazrat Adam (A.S.) was created, Allah S.W.T. said to the angels to bow down. Everybody bowed down except Iblis. The reason Iblis refused to bow down was because he said that Nabi Adam (A.S.) was made of clay and he was made from fire. How can fire bow down to clay? The angels looked at it in a different way. They looked at the inside of Nabi Adam (A.S.) because Allah S.W.T. gave knowledge to Nabi Adam (A.S.)

In the Holy Qur’an, Allah S.W.T. says in Sura 2, verses 31-34:

"And he taught Adam all the names, then presented them to the angels; then He said: Tell me the names of those if you are right. They said: Glory be to thee! We have no knowledge but that which Thou hast taught us; surely Thou art the knowing, the wise. He said: O Adam! Inform them of their names. Then when he had informed them of their names, He said: Did I not say to you that I surely know what is ghaib in the heavens and the earth and (that) I know what you manifest and what you hide? And when We said to the angels: Make obeisance to Adam they did obeisance but Iblis (did it not). He refused and he was proud and he was one of the unbelievers."

Knowledge for Knowledge

From Jabir (radhiallahu 'anhu) who said that Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Do not acquire knowledge in order to compete with the scholars, nor to argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over the gatherings. Since whoever does that, then: The Fire! The Fire!" 24

Consider, may Allah have mercy on you, the admonition and the lesson contained in what Ibn Abi Haatim ar-Razi narrates, he said: I entered into Damascus upon the students of hadith and I passed by the circle of Qasim al-Ju'i. I found a group sitting around him and he was speaking. Their appearance amazed me and I heard him saying: "Seize the benefit of five things from the people of your time: when you are present you are not known; when you are absent you are not missed; when you are seen your advice is not sought; when you say something your saying is not accepted; and when you have some knowledge you are not given anything for it. I also advise you with five things: when you are treated unjustly then do not behave unjustly; when you are praised then do not become happy; when you are criticised do not be upset; when you are not believed then do not become angry; and if they act deceitfully towards you do not act deceitfully towards them." Ibn Abi Hatim said: So I took that as my benefit from Damascus.

ALLAH'S WORDS:

1) "Allah will exalt those who believe among you, and those who have been granted knowledge to high ranks." [58:11]

2) "And say: My Lord increase me in knowledge." [20:114]

3) "It is only those who have knowledge among His servants that fear Allah." [35:28]
_________

PROPHET'S WORDS:

1) "Seeking knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim" [Ibn Majaah]

2) “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allaah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” [Bukhari]

3) “When Allaah wishes good for a person, He makes him understand the religion.” [Bukhari]

So every Muslim has an Obligation of learning Matters in his Religion that Affect his Life/Worship.

So consider, may Allah protect us and you from the evils of the soul, how sincere desire for knowledge and benefit led him to listen to one who certainly possessed less knowledge than himself in order to benefit his understanding and to acquire some knowledge.

Trust me...
Knowledge is like a Lamp in the Dark...
Knowledge is your Sword against the Enemies of Islam...
Knowledge is your Protection Shield from Fitnah....

May Allah swt increase us in Knowledge AMEEN.

NOW IM REQESTING TO ALL GIVE AGREE RATING TO THA PEST AND COMMENT MUST

:):):)

JazakAllah
nicee !